[dropcap]L[/dropcap]ife lately has been mostly…sneezing. Sneezing, due to ‘Summer’and pollen, due to the dust from our build at home, and from the build at work. It’s pretty chaotic. There’s been a few lifestyle tweaks too which I am trying to adjust to, Robin is finally home from his trip to France, and our current living space is getting smaller and smaller as the build progresses. So, here’s what’s been going on…
Yes! Things have had to change on the old lifestyle front. I’m still trying to adapt and get used to it. A couple of weeks ago, I got some test results back from my specialist. To cut it short, I had to change the way I ate and move my butt more if I wanted to avoid diabetes in the near future. I keep a food diary, I have a personal trainer, I avoid meat, alcohol is off the cards and worst of all (for me) is eliminating sugar. I have a sweet tooth, and cutting sugar out has been the worst. Apparently you stop craving it, but hahanoitdoesn’tineedsomesweetsugarloveplease
The scariest thing out of it all was that I always felt like I did eat healthily, and that any treats were in moderation. It’s been months since I’ve cut out alcohol, so didn’t feel bothered by that, but it’s like I have to learn how to eat all over again! I’ve been getting lots of inspiration from this vegan cookbook.
The walls have been built and there’s an enormous roof light currently parked in our kitchen. By the end of this week, we should be ready to have the bedroom wall knocked through, WHICH MEANS, moving into the living room…where 90% of our things are already being stored. Our contractor reckons 6 more weeks, but right now, I just can’t envision an end in sight.
…I’ll let you know how camping out in one room will go! eek!
So much cool stuff! Where to even start…
– HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD. I saw both parts last week and it was amazing. It will not disappoint, it stays true to the characters and story we know and love, and is of course, magical. Now, if you’ve seen it, let me know because I need to talk about it with someone!
– A picnic after work at Somerset House with Mercure Hotels, listening to acapella. It was Aca-awesome.
– I went a little stir crazy one evening and found myself buying three more Kylie Lipkits (I got the Posie and Koko matte kits and a gloss kit in Like) Swatches coming to you soon via Snapchat!
– On the subject of pretty things, Robin brought home these really cute soaps from Nice (see above) In a house that’s increasingly chaotic, they’re so clean and cute and lovely.
– GILMORE GIRLS ON UK NETFLIX. Oy with the poodles already, it makes me so happy.
– You know what else makes me happy? Sleeping in. It’s been amazing not having to deal with an alarm clock on the weekends now that Robin’s home (because he, unlike me, is functional in the morning)
– Having dinner with a couple of my oldest friends last Friday. There’s just something about being around the people who have known you from the time you wore braces and had dodgy hair- it’s like a homecoming, especially since ‘home’ for me, is on the other side of the world and isn’t home anymore 😦
– Over the weekend, some blogging pals gave Amanda a secret blogger hen do send off before her Big Day! The Fable was a perfect setting (quotes from Prince and J.K Rowling on the bathroom walls) the service was crazy good, the food and drink yummy and of course, the company was just awesome. It validates why I blog so much, because these girls, they are so kind and wonderful!