[dropcap]I [/dropcap]feel a bit distracted lately- pulling the kind of blank face and ‘hmmmm‘ that my friends tease me for- all day, everyday this week. I feel like there’s a lot of stuff that’s about to happen, and this is the limbo period where you have to plan it out. With all the green lights and a big thumbs up given to us to finally, FINALLY build an extension, I’ve been thinking about design, and furnishings and how a big build will affect our summer plans and holidays and oh my god, all the mess and chaos, and where do I put the cats, and what if we need to move out, oh crap do we need to find a temporary home…
…you can see where my mind’s at. It’s already whirring a million miles an hour and nothing’s started yet.
To keep my sanity afloat, I’ve been sourcing fun and helpful distractions on the world wide interwebs, with these current links I love.
– Headspace, a meditation app. Recommended to me by one of the holistic health gurus in my office building. It works so well that at some point in the first session, I woke up 30 minutes later, sideways on my bed. I’m pretty sure that’s not meant to happen, but I felt better afterwards!
– With our Sky subscription cancelled (ugh, still not over it) I’ve made even more use of Netflix than usual. My favourite documentary series at the moment is The Mind of a Chef. It’s so interesting, and I think even non-foodies will like it. It follows successful chefs around the globe, their career path and their approach to creating their food. It offers a really unique and personal perspective that makes food into art.
– Audiobooks! I was always a little sceptical of how much attention I would pay to an audiobook, so, I started out small. I downloaded a Harry Potter book to ease myself in, and I’m a convert. It’s made my commute to work so much calmer, and I even listen to it when I’m pottering around the house. Pottering with Potter…I know, I know.
– I’m so excited for the Archive by Alexa M&S collaboration. I feel like it’s been talked about for so long! I have my eye on the red Misty dress, which is basically this year’s dress of dreams. You can shop the collection online from 9am TOMORROW!
– Currently obsessed with the Rose Hip shade of Barry M nail polish. Rose Hip is a very subtle pale pink colour, pretty similar to Essie’s Ballet Slippers, but with a better price tag (£3.99!) My whole nail polish collection is pretty much just Barry M.
– Man Repeller’s weekly recap and dissection of Girls. I always read it after I’ve caught up with an episode, because 1) funny and 2) NO ONE ELSE I KNOW WATCHES IT which is mind boggling. It’s seriously the best show. Do you watch it? Can we talk about how conflicted I feel for loving Jessa’s character the most?
– Brown Butter Bruleed Doughnut Holes *whispers* I love you Joy
…And with that, I leave you with doughnut holes on the brain!
(I am also snacking on Skittles)